inRoute 5.2: Vias, POI Improvements, Max Speed, More
inRoute 5.2 has been released, including the ability to designate Waypoints as non-spoken Vias, improvements in saving and sharing POI (point of interest) pins, a Max Speed setting for slower vehicles, and much more.
Guide a route along a preferred road by designating a waypoint as a Via, and it won’t be announced during navigation for minimal distraction (set on waypoint’s layover screen). Vias may also be used with GPX files available from other apps and websites: just import and tap “Go” to navigate.
Route List Multi-Select
The Route list (top-left) now supports selecting multiple places, so you can change layovers, designate Vias, or remove from the route, for several or all places at once.
Save Non-Route Pins
Save all non-route pins at once, for example points of interest for a trip, with the new button in the Action/Share menu (bottom-center).
Export Entire Map Content
Sharing via Mail, Messages, or AirDrop now includes all map pins, including non-route pins, in the exported GPX file. Configure in the app’s Settings.
Max Speed Option
For slower vehicles, you can now set a maximum speed for more accurate travel time estimates and weather forecasts. Max speed is set in the app’s Settings (map’s Info icon > Gear icon).
- Routing and navigation improvements under the hood.
- Ability to pan the map during navigation added.
- Tap a point on any data chart to briefly show its location and data value on the map.
- URL Scheme added to allow other apps to share pins for routing and navigation.
- Share to MapQuest option removed (the service no longer supports routing to coordinates).
We love to hear from you! Send your feedback to email@example.com